Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Netscaler 13.1 How to add new VDA servers to gateway

Tim Colon

Hello,

I am having an issue with finding documentation on adding new servers to an existing netscaler. We have a netscaler 13.1 setup with old VDAs binded to it. We are upgrading our environment from 7.9 to 2203, and want to have our external users be able to connect in with the new environment. I am not sure where to find the correct information that I need to add the new servers and remove the old ones, and I am probably searching the wrong terminology. If there is any information that can be provided I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Are you asking about STA servers? If so, edit the Gateway vServer, scroll down and there's a Published Applications section that has STA servers.

Otherwise, the NetScaler will route traffic to the new VDAs. Just make sure firewalls allow the NetScaler to reach the new VDAs.

Or is this a bigger question of replacing StoreFront?

11 hours ago, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

Are you asking about STA servers? If so, edit the Gateway vServer, scroll down and there's a Published Applications section that has STA servers.

Otherwise, the NetScaler will route traffic to the new VDAs. Just make sure firewalls allow the NetScaler to reach the new VDAs.

Or is this a bigger question of replacing StoreFront?

Hello,

So I'm setting up a whole new environment on new servers. New Controllers, new storefront server, new VDAs.  Essentially this will replace what is in production. But I need to make sure I can access it through the netscaler/gateway for our offsite users. Hoping that we can just add this into the current netscaler and then bind the new IP so that the remot users won't need to be reconfiged. But unsure if it is possible or not.

Thank you, 

New StoreFront is like starting over. New StoreFront needs the proper Gateway configuration.

Are you cutting over existing DNS names? If new DNS names, then you can setup in parallel. Cutovers can be risky, especially for existing Workspace app clients. I recommend engaging a partner to help you plan and perform the cutover.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

New StoreFront is like starting over. New StoreFront needs the proper Gateway configuration.

Are you cutting over existing DNS names? If new DNS names, then you can setup in parallel. Cutovers can be risky, especially for existing Workspace app clients. I recommend engaging a partner to help you plan and perform the cutover.

Sounds good. I will reach out to a partner and either plan the cutover or start a new netscaler.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2023 at 4:36 PM, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

You can add new StoreFront, new Gateway, etc. to an existing NetScaler. 

Hello Carl. How does one do this? It would save a lot of time for me. 

Alternatively, as I was setting up a new netscaler I got to likening, but don't know if i have to purchase new licensing or can just reallocate what we currently have without breaking  production?