Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Copy/Paste no longer working on Windows 11 22H2 AVD

Ron Jameson1709164060

Question

We have been running MCS setup, Azure Windows 11 21H2 Multisession AVD for past year...just upgraded the image to 22H2 and now see that copy/paste no longer works from local device to Ctx Desktop.   So far confirmed this is only the new 22H2 AVD as copy/paste still works on some of our on-prem servers, it all worked prior to image update, fails on any PC or Mac tested.   Even added new policy to force allow clipboard (even though default is allowed) for my login and still fails.   Reset the workspace app did not help and during installs of the app, we never choose any app protection (we are not licensed for that).

Is this a citrix bug, MS Win11 AVD bug?   Did not find much on web about this exact issue.    I do not have a Win10 AVD 22H2 to test.

Added note - Printer redirect is also no longer working.  With citrix monitor down today in cloud, I cannot see if there is any errors in the session.  Perhaps all related?

3 answers to this question

AVD is the virtualization name for MS hosted desktops, the OS is multi-session Windows 11 Enterprise.   In any case, I found out the issue... we upgraded the OS to 22H2 and did not reinstall the VDA - so it must have broken the client sharing (clipboard/redirected printers) with MS bits - I install/upgraded to VDA 2308 (was on 2305) and both are now back to working.