Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Workspace App client (23.7.1.18) offers Excel app. Clicking that app starts not the Citrix Excel app but instead the locally on my client installed Excel.

Bernd Roth

Question

Hello,

on my client i have installed Citrix Workspace App client version 23.7.1.18. Additionally my client has installed locally Microsoft Excel.

Within this Workspace App i am offered Citrix Excel app.

Clicking that Citrix Excel app starts not the Citrix Excel app as expected but instead the locally on my client installed Excel. 

What am i missing?

Thanks in advance and kind regards

Bernd

2 answers to this question

This is by design.  vPrefer is taking over and seeing your local Excel.  You need to disable local launch access on the app via powershell.

• A new LocalLaunchDisabled property has been added to the Set-BrokerApplication and New-BrokerApplication cmdlets
  • By default, the LocalLaunchDisabled property is set to $false, which means that by default, the Receiver for Windows VPrefer policy can successfully allow local installs of an app to launch instead of the published app equivalent
  • If the LocalLaunchDisabled property is set to $true, the published app will always launch, no matter what the Receiver for Windows VPrefer policy is configured to
  • Admins can check the current LocalLaunchDisabled property value for each published app by using the Get-BrokerApplication cmdlet
  • Like 2