Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Published App - Disable Start menu launch

Question

Hi everyone,

how do I disable the "Startmenu" functionality in published Apps?

• By having the focus on the published app and pressing the windows startmenu, the startmenu windows  shows up in the remote app window.

is there some way to restrict it? I'm pretty sure it was not popping up some while ago (like 2-3 months)

SW Versions in use

• 22.03 LTSR CU3
  • Workspace App 22.03 CU4
  • Server : Windows Server 2019

2023-08-25 15_50_24-Clipboard.png

Edited by Achilleas Kemanidis

7 answers to this question

The remote startmenu, exactly the same as it was.

By Pressing "shift+F2" nothing happens when pressing the windows startmennu button. Going back to seamless mode with "shift+f2" the (remote) windows startmenu appears again.

1 hour ago, Jeff Riechers1709152667 said:

Ok, I am confused.  Is it opening the Local start menu, or the Remote Server start menu.

Ok, this is 1000% the opposite of what it should ever do.

When in seamless mode to a published application and I hit the start button it pops up my local Windows 11 Start Menu, not my Server 2022 Start Menu.  That is by design.

When you are in windowed mode it doesn't pop up the start menu, so that means the explorer shell isn't running.  So this just sounds like it is working as expected. 

Hitting the Windows key should only be redirected to the remote session in full screen Desktop sessions.

To verify this isn't the local workstation start menu, try hitting the windows key, and then try hitting the local start button, are they the same?

19 hours ago, Jeff Riechers1709152667 said:

Ok, this is 1000% the opposite of what it should ever do.

When in seamless mode to a published application and I hit the start button it pops up my local Windows 11 Start Menu, not my Server 2022 Start Menu.  That is by design.

When you are in windowed mode it doesn't pop up the start menu, so that means the explorer shell isn't running.  So this just sounds like it is working as expected. 

Hitting the Windows key should only be redirected to the remote session in full screen Desktop sessions.

To verify this isn't the local workstation start menu, try hitting the windows key, and then try hitting the local start button, are they the same?

Hey Jeff,

completely different. While in seamless mode (and having the focus on the seamless window) the remote startemnu opens instanstly

What is the client?  The Start Menu on the remote server requires the explorer shell to be running.  And when you run published apps explorer is not running.  You will need to open a ticket if you are seeing the remote server start menu instead of the local client start menu when you push the start button.

Unless you are running a full screen desktop session, the start button will always open the local client version.