Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Multiple Session Problem

Jürgen Aufner

Question

Hello Forum,

I have recognized that there is a problem with multiple User Sessions - sometimes. One user asked me: I can´t open my excel file, it is in use - by myself.

At the moment I have not investigated it in detail, but maybe someone has an idea?

User starts a session, when it is disconnected it could happen that the "reconnection" starts a new session. You cannot see the disconnected session in the DirectorInterface.

You can see it in the UPM profiles folder "..\Pending\Stamp\.." - the new session could be on the same server or on another one.  

DDC: W2022 std., 2305

Storefront: W2022 std., 2203 CU3

LIC: W2022 std., 11.17.2.0 Build 44000

WEM: W2022 std., 2303

VDA: W2022 std., 2303 

Make my day ? - thank you

5 answers to this question

On 8/11/2023 at 11:03 AM, Vijaykumar P said:

This could happen due to fastreconnect protocol, 
When the session is disconnected, sometimes it sends incorrect notification to DDC that user is logged off, and DDC releases the session Key, but the actual session in VDA stays in disconnected state. And the UPM will still hold the locks on the opened files by the user.
When the same user tries to reconnect, DDC provides a new session to the users can be on same machine or different.
Please try disabling it.
https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX296769/users-on-one-vda-cannot-reconnect-to-disconnected-session

Hello,

it looks good for the moment - thank you

• Like 1

This could happen due to fastreconnect protocol, 
When the session is disconnected, sometimes it sends incorrect notification to DDC that user is logged off, and DDC releases the session Key, but the actual session in VDA stays in disconnected state. And the UPM will still hold the locks on the opened files by the user.
When the same user tries to reconnect, DDC provides a new session to the users can be on same machine or different.
Please try disabling it.
https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX296769/users-on-one-vda-cannot-reconnect-to-disconnected-session

• Like 1