Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix Gateway vServer TCP Profile best for HTML5

Ken Z

Hi Everyone

I've got an environment that's running Citrix VAD 1912 CU6 and NetScaler 13.1 Build 37.38

The environment runs some clinical applications which includes some video playback. Performance is fine using the full Workspace App on the network by the internal users.

They have some external users coming in from outside their own network using endpoints that they have no control over, so are forced to use the HTML5 client for Citrix Access. Oher users using their own devices have the full Workspace App installed.

Performance of the videos is quite poor over HTML5 for these remote users coming in via the NetScaler. Performance for those users using the full client via the NetScaler is fine.

My question is, is there any way to improve video or network performance of HTML5 via the NetScaler?

Currently, on the vServer config on the NetScaler, under 'Profiles', i have the following selected

Net Profile:     <blank>

TCP Profile:    nstcp_default_XA_XD_profile

HTTP Profile: nshttp_default_strict_validation

is this the best configuration for HTML5 for running videos? The TCP profile selects is the best option for the full client i believe.

There are also other options, such as "nstcp_default_tcp_interactive_stream" or "nstp_default_WAN_profile"

Looking at https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX232321/recommended-tcp-profile-settings-for-full-tunnel-vpnicaproxy-from-netscaler-gateway-111-onwards citrix recommends that the TCP profile i'm using is generally recommended, but not specifically for HTML5

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Regards

Ken Z