Welcome to our new Citrix community!

upgrade to the vda 2203 LTSR CU2 Failed

Question

I have several windows 2022 servers with the vda 2203 LTSR agent installed and I want to upgrade to the vda 2203 LTSR CU2 agent version but the upgrade process returns an error message saying that it wants to install the Microsoft Remote Desktop Session Host and Windows Remote Assistance Services, I closed the Citrix Services and uninstalled the vda 2203 LTSR but the upgrade process still returns the error message. I tried to uninstall with VDA Cleanup Utility v1.8.0.11 but it does not work with Windows Server 2022. Do you have another solution to upgrade to VDA 2203 LTSR CU2 ?

1 answer to this question

One solution you can try is to manually remove the Remote Desktop Session Host and Windows Remote Assistance Services before attempting to upgrade the VDA agent to version 2203 LTSR CU2. Here are the steps you can follow:

Open the Control Panel and navigate to Programs and Features.

Click on "Turn Windows features on or off" on the left-hand side.

Scroll down and find "Remote Desktop Services", expand it and then uncheck "Remote Desktop Session Host" and "Windows Remote Assistance".

Click "OK" to save the changes and wait for the features to be removed.

Reboot the server to ensure that the changes take effect.

Try to upgrade the VDA agent to version 2203 LTSR CU2 again and see if the error message is resolved.

If the error message persists, you can try running the VDA installer with the "/exclude "RDVH" switch. This will exclude the installation of the Remote Desktop Session Host component. Here are the steps you can follow:

Open a command prompt as an administrator.

Navigate to the folder where the VDA installer is located.

Run the following command to start the VDA installation with the Remote Desktop Session Host component excluded:

CitrixVDA.exe /exclude "RDVH"

Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the VDA installation.

Reboot the server after the installation is complete.

After the server has restarted, verify that the VDA agent is installed and working correctly by checking the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Studio console.