Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix Virtual App Essentials and Citrix DaaS

Pruthvi Divi

Question

Hi Team,

I am planning to migrate existing on premise Xen App setup to cloud and I would need experts opinion regarding usage of Citrix Virtual App Essentials Subscription and Citrix DaaS. Appreciate if someone can shed some light on below queries and if possible can share simple setup document if any available

1) what is the major difference between using Citrix DaaS and Citrix Virtual App Essentials ? can we still use our own Azure subscription while using Citrix DaaS or does it automatically use Citrix managed Azure subscription when we procure Citrix DaaS service from Citrix Cloud ?

2) My onprem setup has " Citrix Virtual Apps Premium Edition 4.5 with Feature Pack1 license" and Citrix Hypervisor (Per socket) license.... I am assuming Citrix Hypervisor is no longer needed when moved to cloud and Virtual Apps premium Edition 4.5 license will this be of any use if I decide to use Citrix DaaS or Citrix Virtual App Essentials. Does procuring DaaS or citrix Virtual App Essentials form Azure Marketplace will automatically include Citrix Licenses or do we have to convert on prem licenses to  Cloud compatible license or do we have to procure new license altogether? and how much would it cost ? 

3) when we obtain Virtual App Essentials, does it also include License server in addition to Gateway Service(Netscaler), Workspace and Delivery controller ? or do we have to install license server separately on our Azure subscription to configure RDS CAL licenses required for the VDA servers to host user sessions ?

4) Does Citrix DaaS or virtual App Essentials support Autoscaling feature for VDA servers, where we can upscale and downscale the VM's based on the usage ?

Thanks  

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet