Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Can't find GPO admx for VDA settings

Question

Hello,

I'm willing to upgrade my list of DDCs by MS GPO, is there any admx template for this? I can't find anything specific for VDA registration.

Maybe it simply doesn't exist but that article suggests that it does.

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/manage-deployment/vda-registration.html#controller-search-during-vda-registration

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/manage-deployment/vda-registration.html#policy-based-lgpogpo

To specify this method, complete both of the following steps:

On the Delivery Controller page in the VDA installation wizard, select Do it later (advanced). The wizard reminds you several times to specify Controller addresses, even though you’re not specifying them during VDA installation. (VDA registration is that important.)

Enable or disable policy-based VDA registration through Citrix policy with the Virtual Delivery Agent Settings > Controllers setting. (If security is your top priority, use the Virtual Delivery Agent Settings > Controller SIDs setting.)

This setting is stored under HKLM\Software\Policies\Citrix\VirtualDesktopAgent (ListOfDDCs).

I even don't find this (Virtual Delivery Agent Settings > Controllers setting.) in my studio policies. It's currently at version 1912 (upgrade upcoming)

Thank you for your help.

EDIT : I do find the setting if I go through citrix policies intergrated to GPMC, but not in citrix policies into Studio. I that makes sense...

1 answer to this question

This needs to be loaded as part of GPOs.  Citrix studio policies happen later in the process so if you set the VDA setting it would apply AFTER the service starts and potentially would lead to registration issues.

You can set this with Registry via GPO, or load the Citrix GPO Policy snap-in snap-in, and set it via the studio policies in GPMC.