Welcome to our new Citrix community!

None of the cipher suites offered were accepted by the server. Event ID 0

Vincent Lewin1709156903

Question

Hi,

I am in the process of upgrading to the latest xendesktop ltsr 2203 from 1912.

The problem I have is my environment is all 2012R2.

I have deployed a new 2019 server (server3) as a delivery controller and added it to my current 1912 environment.

The problem I am seeing is on my storefront servers. I keep getting this

"An SSL connection could not be established: None of the SSL cipher suites offered were accepted by the server. This message was reported from the Citrix XML server at address https://server3.domin.com/scripts/wpnbr.dll. The specified Citrix XML service could not be contacted and has been temporarily removed from the list of active services." error.

I have followed the guidance by citrix to enable the group policy and apply the ciphers in the order they suggest here https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX200185/application-enumeration-failing-after-applying-microsoft-kb2919355-for-windows-server-2012-r2 not exactly my issue but I thought it might fix it but it has not.

I have set this policy on both the store fronts and the controller they are referring to in the error message but am still getting the error.

Can anyone advise me please, im pulling my hair out now and I dont have much.

My upgrade plan is to deploy new servers with OS, windows 2019 then add them to the existing roles using the 1912 LTSR installer, then I will remove the old 2012 servers and then I will upgrade to 2203 LTSR. I have a netscaler too running on version 13

V

4 answers to this question

Hi Carl,

Thankyou for your prompt reply.

I've downloaded and run up the IIS Crypto tool but it looks like it is set correctly! Would you mind reviewing the screen shots?

The exact error on the storefront server is...

An SSL connection could not be established: None of the SSL cipher suites offered TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 were accepted by the server.. This message was reported from the Citrix XML Service at address https://xdct03.domain.local/scripts/wpnbr.dll. The specified Citrix XML Service could not be contacted and has been temporarily removed from the list of active services.

These are the pages on the IIS Crypto tool

Schannel.thumb.png.b52caf8869d1e16815418a2c89e96344.png

CipherSuites1.thumb.png.17134867a604fe4526f36884ae74aae1.png

CipherSuites2.thumb.png.aecf9f13b842d643b3ca85c25ebce113.png