Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Changes the Machine Catalog Master Image

Zulhadi Zainal

Question

Hi All,

I need some help and need some verification on the Machine Catalogs.

If previously I create a Machine Catalog with pointing with snapshot of "Master Image A" during my setup. If I add the machine, the new creation machine will point to that master image.

If i have do a changes on master image (foe example after update VDA) and take snapshot (let say the name is "Master Image B", how I update my machine catalog? So, I'm able to point all the new add machine when create new machine to new master image snapshot (Master Image B). Can anyone assist on this matter?

2 answers to this question

If they are non-persistent machines when you do the Update catalog, or change image then when machines reboot they go to the new image.

If they are persistent machines and you update the catalog it will only roll out new machines to that new image.  Old machines will never touch that old image and will need to be updated like a regular machines.

On 4/10/2023 at 1:30 AM, Jeff Riechers1709152667 said:

If they are non-persistent machines when you do the Update catalog, or change image then when machines reboot they go to the new image.

If they are persistent machines and you update the catalog it will only roll out new machines to that new image.  Old machines will never touch that old image and will need to be updated like a regular machines.

Hi Jeff,

Thank for response on my query. Appreciate it.