Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Why does Citrix vpx can not ping my gateway?

Please Help Me! I use the file "NSVPX-ESX-13.1-30.52_nc_64.ovf" to build my citrix environment. After the initialization is successful, I can open his web management page as shown below, 80d0c369ba44ef5bbee85f54607162c.thumb.png.372be511d448876ff5e855915288f168.pngand I can also ping this ip address, but I fail to ping the gateway of this citrix device from the inside.c517174e6322b2fee1520f541f333bc.thumb.png.05fb65c48524a489119d2a318c08db73.png  I wonder What is it? What is the reason, thank you very much. I am not sure if I need to provide any additional information. If you need any more detailed information to analyze my problem, please provide it for me and I will publish it. Thank you very much for your help and support

Also, you don't have an interface bound to VLAN2 at all. If you want interface 0/1 to handle both vlan1 and vlan2, then bind with the tagged option.

Two basics for you:

1) Pings source from the NSIP unless you use the ping -S <source ip> to designate a SNIP.

2) The NSIP is associated to vlan 1 by default; all interfaces are on vlan 1 by default.

So the first thing you have to define, is what interface or interfaces do you need and which network/s are you trying to reach?  Then you can figure out how to configure it.

Remember channels are configured at hypervisor level or sdx level and not on the vpx instance (if applicable).

You have to determine:

Which interfaces will be associated to which vlan or vlans do you need? Will these be port-based or tagged.

Which subnets do you need to associate to the interface via the vlan.

Which routes, if any additional do you need to define.

Once you know what networking you are trying for, then you can complete the configuration details.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2023 at 12:08 AM, Jeff Riechers1709152667 said:

I see multiple vlans defined in your config.  How many actual VLANs does this device need?  If you remove the secondary VLAN can you get access?  

Is that the correct gateway for that network?  Is your management machine on the same network as the VPX?

Thanks a lot for your answer and I'm sorry I didn't express my question clearly. At present, my situation is like this. I need to deploy the waf function and load balancing function of Citrix vpx for my two servers.1bb6392c5dc6a4f3a1fe7cd62967a5e.png.18ed136857a9feeaf4efcf23f6b20627.pngBut before that, I need to test it in the vmware virtual machine environment. 9faac070915d737cdae8f606e724e45.thumb.png.fffe2ff1ee1dd870a92b7dcb6acedbac.pngI have not done any configuration on Citrix,but  I can't connect to my server (vmware2 in the above picture) from citrix (vmware1 in the picture above). I want to know how to configure from scratch and complete my needs, I hope you can give a method or corresponding docs, thanks again.

On 4/8/2023 at 11:51 PM, Rhonda Rowland1709152125 said:

Also, you don't have an interface bound to VLAN2 at all. If you want interface 0/1 to handle both vlan1 and vlan2, then bind with the tagged option.

Two basics for you:

1) Pings source from the NSIP unless you use the ping -S <source ip> to designate a SNIP.

2) The NSIP is associated to vlan 1 by default; all interfaces are on vlan 1 by default.

So the first thing you have to define, is what interface or interfaces do you need and which network/s are you trying to reach?  Then you can figure out how to configure it.

Remember channels are configured at hypervisor level or sdx level and not on the vpx instance (if applicable).

You have to determine:

Which interfaces will be associated to which vlan or vlans do you need? Will these be port-based or tagged.

Which subnets do you need to associate to the interface via the vlan.

Which routes, if any additional do you need to define.

Once you know what networking you are trying for, then you can complete the configuration details.

Thanks a lot for your answer and I'm sorry I didn't express my question clearly. At present, my situation is like this. I need to deploy the waf function and load balancing function of Citrix vpx for my two servers.1bb6392c5dc6a4f3a1fe7cd62967a5e.png.69bb95f0bb349caf58c05761894c817f.pngBut before that, I need to test it in the vmware virtual machine environment.9faac070915d737cdae8f606e724e45.thumb.png.78539644a5bd3558f2cea015ef36284e.png I have not done any configuration on Citrix,but  I can't connect to my server (vmware2 in the above picture) from citrix (vmware1 in the picture above). I want to know how to configure from scratch and complete my needs, I hope you can give a method or corresponding docs, thanks again.