Welcome to our new Citrix community!

ErrorID : FailedToStartImagePreparationVm when attempting to Change Master Image w/in existing Machine Catalog

Matthew Smith1709163525

Question

Greetings:

I am attempting to update our Machine Catalog with an updated Master Image that incorporates the Microsoft Patches for this month.  Aside from application of those patches - namely KB5023696 - there is no difference between the existing Master Image and the updated Master Image.

However, when I attempt to update, I get this error:

Terminated
Stack Trace:
   at Citrix.Orchestration.Base.PowerShellSdk.ProvisioningSchemeService.BackgroundTasks.ProvisioningSchemeTask.ThrowOnTerminatingError(SdkProvisioningSchemeAction sdkProvisioningSchemeAction)
   at Citrix.Orchestration.Base.PowerShellSdk.ProvisioningSchemeService.BackgroundTasks.ProvisioningSchemeTask.WaitForProvisioningSchemeActionCompletion(Guid taskId, Action`1 actionResultsObtained)
   at Citrix.Orchestration.Base.PowerShellSdk.ProvisioningSchemeService.BackgroundTasks.PublishProvisioningSchemeImageTask.RunTask()
   at Citrix.Orchestration.Base.PowerShellSdk.BackgroundTaskService.BackgroundTask.Task.Run()

DesktopStudio_ErrorId : ProvisioningTaskError
ErrorCategory : NotSpecified
ErrorID : FailedToStartImagePreparationVm
TaskErrorInformation : Terminated
InternalErrorMessage : Error starting machine. CreateUpdateVm-1 timed out while retrying operation

Our Citrix environment is in the cloud and is housed in Azure.  The functional level is set to 2106 across the board.  The image is a Mult-Session version of Windows 10.

Thank you!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet