Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Check for Updates - how to initiate via script

Simon Dewhurst

Question

Howdy,

I have been trying to look for a way to trigger the "Check for Updates" in Workspace App via a script but I am unable to capture how Workspace is handling this function. I have spent a good chunk of time in ProcMon and Windbg trying to work out when you click on Check for Updates button what it's doing so I could potentially take this and add it to a script.

My goal here is to be able to force Workspace to check for updates when I desire, at the moment it seems very ad hock as to when it does the check, does anyone actually know what the schedule period is and if it can be changed?

Appreciate any info.

Cheers.

4 answers to this question

You are 100% correct, I read that to be saying it does an update.  But it actually is just for configuring the update engine.

Updates are rolled out in a 30 day window from release.  Based on the Fast, Medium, or Slow setting will decide when in that 30 day window you get them.

In my testing when my Workspace App starts it checks for updates.  So for a scripted process you may just have to close and re-open the Workspace App.

When the next round of updates come out I will check to see if anything like an ipoll or other CLI refresh kicks off the Update the same as on launching.

On 3/8/2023 at 8:14 AM, Simon Dewhurst said:

Howdy,

I have been trying to look for a way to trigger the "Check for Updates" in Workspace App via a script but I am unable to capture how Workspace is handling this function. I have spent a good chunk of time in ProcMon and Windbg trying to work out when you click on Check for Updates button what it's doing so I could potentially take this and add it to a script.

My goal here is to be able to force Workspace to check for updates when I desire, at the moment it seems very ad hock as to when it does the check, does anyone actually know what the schedule period is and if it can be changed?

Appreciate any info.

Cheers.

Hi, did you ever manager to do this? I was about to load up procmon myself and start looking but thought I should check with you first.

Thanks,

David