Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Published Application not starting Local applicaton

C Deniz

Question

Hi,

We have an published application running fine on the endpoints. 

This applicaton have some mail,excel,pdf and other files in attahcment. 

We want to open this files with the local applicaton on the Endpoint self. At the moment all the attachments are opening in the citrix session. 

So its not redirecting it to the client.

Is it possible to configure Local App Access for an Published Applications ? So this will open the Adobe,Outlook,Notepad or Excel on the Endpoint and not the Citrix Session.

Thanks for now!

6 answers to this question

18 hours ago, Jeff Riechers1709152667 said:

Opening local resources only really works for URLs.

Thank you for your reply. So when we have an published app. This app can only open url`s. 

In published desktop there is an option to start local applications see this blog: https://c4rm0.wordpress.com/local-app-access-reverse-seamless/

But an published app is not starting the local app if we configure this. I think Citrix does not have this option.

Reverse Seamless as you mentioned is only for making it appear like local apps are launching on the remote desktop.  But it isn't actually launching and interacting there, it just looks like it is for ease of use.

Published apps can't launch and interact with local resources in the method you are looking for.  You either have to put the apps you want to interact with in the citrix session, or not run the app as published.  

20 hours ago, Jeff Riechers1709152667 said:

Reverse Seamless as you mentioned is only for making it appear like local apps are launching on the remote desktop.  But it isn't actually launching and interacting there, it just looks like it is for ease of use.

Published apps can't launch and interact with local resources in the method you are looking for.  You either have to put the apps you want to interact with in the citrix session, or not run the app as published.  

But if read it correctly it says :
Launching the Application displays the application within the Citrix session but it is actually running on the client PC. As you can see from task manager the process isnt running on the VDA.

So when i have setup this in the Citrix session with the vprefer settings. Your telling me that this applcation is not starting on the local computer ?

Vprefer is different.  What vprefer does is look on the client endpoint and if they have the application installed there as well it will launch locally.  Like if I publish Excel.exe in Citrix, but have it installed on my machine when I click Excel it just opens my local version.

Reverse Seamless does the same, it opens the local application, but it makes it look like it is running in your Citrix Remote Desktop.  But that application can't interact with anything inside your Desktop Session.  So like the example above, if I reverse seamless Excel I can't open a network share in the Citrix Desktop to get a resource if I am not on the same network.