Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Change cursor of all users - Windows 2022

Troy Lawson

Question

We are using Windows 2022 Multi-session VDAs and HP Thin Clients. The issue we have run into is that the Text Select cursor completely disappears in the text select boxes unless it is changed to something other than the default Text Select cursor. It shows up when a person uses a PC to log in to Citrix, but not a Thin Client. I would like to make it so that all users profiles get changed so that Beam_R.cur is used.

Does anyone have any guidance on how to make the change for all users within the Citrix environment?

7 answers to this question

I've had an employee say that the changing the text selection cursor fix doesn't work properly in Word with italics, so seems it's only sort of a half fix. I wonder if this is a HP ThinPro issue, a Citrix Workspace issue or an issue with the 2203 CU2 VDA itself combined with Windows Server 2022? This issue did not exist on WS2019. The latest versions of Workspace for Linux mention support for 32-bit cursors, but I cannot see any improvement with installing those, either

On 3/21/2023 at 11:57 PM, Evan Ractivand said:

I've had an employee say that the changing the text selection cursor fix doesn't work properly in Word with italics, so seems it's only sort of a half fix. I wonder if this is a HP ThinPro issue, a Citrix Workspace issue or an issue with the 2203 CU2 VDA itself combined with Windows Server 2022? This issue did not exist on WS2019. The latest versions of Workspace for Linux mention support for 32-bit cursors, but I cannot see any improvement with installing those, either

We started seeing it after upgrading the VDA to 2212, in combination with HP Thinpro and a handfull of different workspace versions, we're not using either windows server version.