Welcome to our new Citrix community!

App doesn't start from Desktop

Christian Speidel

Question

Hi, I've built two delivery groups. One of these is used to publish a desktop and the other one is used to publish applications. The published applications are configured to create a shortcut on the desktop. On a Windows PC I can start both the desktop and the published applications from the Workspace app. When I'm logged into the desktop on a VDA and try to start one of the published applications I get the error "Ressource not available" while I'm still aible to start the same application from the local workspace app on the PC at the same time. I'm sure this can't be a big thing but I'm not able to see my fault.  Can anybody help?

kind regards  

4 answers to this question

Hello Dennis, thanks for your answer. In my eyes the pathes are the same. Just the way the application is called differs a little bit:

local:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\SelfServicePlugin\SelfService.exe" -launch -reg "Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\biederitz2-e4a9b732@@Controller.SFirm 40" -desktopShortcut

on VDA:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\online plugin\ica client\SelfServicePlugin\SelfService.exe" -launch -reg "Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\biederitz2-e4a9b732@@Controller.SFirm 40" -desktopShortcut

Unfortunatly I'm not able to do some testing at the moment. We've moved the server that is publishing the application from a XEN Hypervisor. Before the movement it was in use in another Citrix-environment. After the movement we've deinstalled all the VDA-Features and installed the actual version for our new environment. After the published apllications didn't work, I had to roll back everything. 

What do you mean with - "What kind of published app are you trying to make?"

regards