Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Windows 10 22H2 build just won't register with the XDCs

Andy White1709162096

Question

Hello,

I have built a UAT cluster with 2 Citrix Hypervisors on 8.2 and the VPC and XDC servers etc on 1912 LTSR CU6 and my Windows 10 1803 desktops register, but not my Windows 10 22H2 desktops, the registry shows that the right XDCs are in there too.

This is what I have installed on the Windows 10 22H2 desktop image:

image.thumb.png.3ad05e572322422393a82d2c2b7f7102.png

Any ideas what could be wrong or what I can look at to troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks

3 answers to this question

There could be several reasons why your Windows 10 22H2 desktops are not registering with your XenDesktop Delivery Controllers.

Here are a few possible causes:

1. Firewall settings: Check if the Windows Firewall is blocking communication between the VDAs and the Delivery Controllers.

2. Make sure the necessary ports are open for communication. You can refer to Citrix documentation for the list of required ports.

3. DNS resolution: Ensure that the DNS resolution is working correctly between the Delivery Controllers and VDAs. Make sure that the VDAs can resolve the FQDN of the Delivery Controllers.

4. Time synchronization: Verify that the time on the VDAs and Delivery Controllers is synchronized. Time discrepancies can cause issues with registration.

5. Citrix Virtual Delivery Agent version: Confirm that the Citrix Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA) installed on the Windows 10 22H2 desktops is compatible with the Delivery Controllers. The VDA version should match the version of the Delivery Controllers.

6. Machine Account in Active Directory: Check that the machine accounts for the Windows 10 22H2 desktops are created in Active Directory, and they have the necessary permissions to register with the Delivery Controllers.

7. Citrix Policies: Ensure that the Citrix policies are configured correctly and not preventing the registration of the VDAs.

You can also check the Citrix logs on the Windows 10 22H2 desktops and Delivery Controllers for any error messages that might give you

more insight into the problem.

Yes, there are som logs except the event log.
Citrix Workspace App logs: 
These logs are located in the following directory:

%localappdata%\Citrix\Workspace\Logs. Look for log files with names that begin with "CitrixWorkspaceApp."

Citrix Virtual Delivery Agent logs  (the most current or acurate log for this kind of issue)

%ProgramFiles%\Citrix\Virtual Desktop Agent\Log. Look for log files with names that begin with "VDA."

Citrix Receiver logs: 

%appdata%\ICAClient\Logs. Look for log files with names that begin with "receiver."

I have used Citrix Diagnostic Facility (CDF) traces:

These logs are generated by the Citrix Diagnostic Facility tool and can provide more detailed information about the issue.

You can find the CDF traces in the following directory:

%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Citrix\ICA Client\Troubleshooting.

But there was a while since I´ve used the CDF tool.

?