Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Public Cloud Licensing - 1912/2203? On-Prem licensing?

ScubaMiike

Question

Hi All,

I've been reading a few different articles regarding public cloud licensing:

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX270373/public-cloud-support-with-current-releases-and-long-term-service-releases (Last Modified: 20/05/22)

Takeaways:

- CVAD 1912 LTSR Supports public cloud with existing on-prem perpetual/term licensing (No license changes required)

- Can't move to CVAD 2203 LTSR without moving to Citrix Cloud + Hybrid/Citrix Cloud licensing 

and

https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2022/03/24/announcing-the-citrix-virtual-apps-and-desktops-2203-ltsr/ (Article Date: 19/12/22)

Takeaways:

- CVAD 1912 LTSR doesn't support public cloud deployments

- Support came back in 2203 for public cloud deployments but you require a Citrix Cloud + Hybrid/Citrix Cloud licensing to provision into the cloud

I'm looking to understand the current state of public cloud VDA deployment supportability and licensing across CVAD 1912 LTSR and CVAD 2203 LTSR. Whilst I'd follow the first article, the second's date is ~7 months later. 

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

On 2/13/2023 at 11:57 AM, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

1912 supported public clouds without any additional licensing. However, the 1912 feature set is frozen as of December 2019. There have been many changes since then.

2203 and newer support public clouds if you have DaaS hybrid licensing.

Hello Carl, on this link Public cloud support with Current Releases and Long Term Service Releases (citrix.com) said that you can have puclic cloud vda if you have one of the 4bellow licenses

Citrix DaaS with Hybrid Rights, Citrix Universal Subscription, Citrix On-Premises Term Subscription, Citrix On-Premises CSP Term Subscription

So can we have public cloud with On prem term subscription or we need only Hybric ?