Welcome to our new Citrix community!

2203 LTSR CU2 - BSOD on pdcrypt2.sys

Martijn

Question

Hello,

Since our upgrade to CU2 we get this about every other week on several servers. There is a support article here but it dates back to an earlier release in 2018 and should be fixed.

So this is 2203 LTSR CU2 on W2019. I don't think I ever saw this with CU1 but I'm not sure.

Capture.PNG

6 answers to this question

On 2/10/2023 at 3:27 PM, Martijn Kools1709163625 said:

Hello,

Since our upgrade to CU2 we get this about every other week on several servers. There is a support article here but it dates back to an earlier release in 2018 and should be fixed.

So this is 2203 LTSR CU2 on W2019. I don't think I ever saw this with CU1 but I'm not sure.

Capture.PNG

We are also seeing this issue and have a support case ongoing, We did receive an unsigned version of the pdcrypt2.sys that seems to be stable. Currently awaiting a private fix for this issue

• Like 1
On 2/10/2023 at 10:39 PM, Jeff Riechers1709152667 said:

Are you using SecureICA?  If you are secured behind a NetScaler you can just set that to basic and it should prevent this driver from crashing.

You are right SecureICA is indeed enabled. I've disabled that now hopefully this will solve the issue.

Thanks a lot!

3 hours ago, STIG BAKKE1709151646 said:

We are also seeing this issue and have a support case ongoing, We did receive an unsigned version of the pdcrypt2.sys that seems to be stable. Currently awaiting a private fix for this issue

Good to hear I'm not the only one. It doesn't happen a lot but every time is one time too many. I have at least one server crashing each week. I don't even know why we had Secure ICA on in the first place so I just disabled it. My predecessor did that but we are by no means a bank or anything so I will just keep it disabled for now. It will probably be fixed in CU3 as I assume they had more support calls about it.

Hello,

we have the same problem in this week on several windows 2016 servers with CU2.
We also have "Enabeld" the  "Secure ICA " feature in the propertys of the delivery groups.

Now I will disabled the feature and hope this is a workaround and it will be fix with 2203 CU3.

image.png.1f46e89d9dff887eb39f9af5ef181c1f.png