Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Migrate WEM db from OnPrem Toward Citrix Cloud

Mikael GENAUDEAU1709163664

Question

Hi,

Anybody experiment this procedure ?

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/workspace-environment-management/service/migrate.html

Exporting the DB from WEM On prem server is ok, but before importing to Citrix Cloud, I'm asking myself about this warning :

---

Before you migrate your WEM database, keep the following in mind:

After your migration completes successfully, all data associated with your current WEM service database will be lost.

---

Especially that I use a multi-tenant account, with other "configuration set" already running for existing clients.

I don't want to crush the existing databases. Any advices ? ROE ?

Other alternatives is to backup the onprem "configuration Set" and retore it to Wem Citrix cloud. Also any ROE ?

best regards,

M

5 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Jeff Riechers1709152667 said:

Restoring the system overwrites everything in cloud WEM, so if you have some data already in WEM service it will be overwritten.

OK, that's what I've expected, thanks for your confirmation.

6 minutes ago, Jeff Riechers1709152667 said:

Instead you would want to export the on-premise configurations and then import them in parallel with your existing WEM services.

Yes I've backuped everething onprem and retrieve the XML files, and upload them in WEM Citrix Cloud, but when I want to restore the files, the wizard in very weird, I can't select the files I want to import, I have no clue what it is trying to do.

Thanks for your answer