Welcome to our new Citrix community!

VPX slow GUI and CLI performance

resyrt erwtret

Hello

We have a client with a VPX with very slow and sluggish performance GUI and CLI thru SSH performance.

There is a Citrix article talking about this but there is no CLI command to solve it.

The appliance was downloaded from Citrix and is running in a VMware environment 

How can we solve it?

Thank you

I think this issue can also be related to licensing problems. If your bandwidth exceeds the licensed bandwidth, the ADC drops network packets and GUI can become sluggish too.

First way is to check your license. Does your ADC recognize your license file and show the correct License Type and Model?

Next try to run this commands from your CLI.

Check the throughput of your ADC: 

1. shell

2. cd /var/nslog

3. nsconmsg -K newnslog -g allnic_tot_tx_mbits -d past -s disptime=1 | more

Check if packets are dropped due exceeded bandwidth:

1. shell

2. cd /var/nslog

3. nsconmsg -K newnslog -g allnic_err_rl_rate_pkt_drops -d past -s disptime=1 | more

If your throughput exceeds your licensed bandwidth, you should also see dropped packets. This could be an indicator for a slow GUI. Try to find out what causes this high throughput and/or upgrade your license.

Before changing the NIC Type, I recommend you to open a support case. Citrix will find out the root cause of your problem.

Best regards,

Jens

3 hours ago, Jens Dellner said:

I think this issue can also be related to licensing problems. If your bandwidth exceeds the licensed bandwidth, the ADC drops network packets and GUI can become sluggish too.

First way is to check your license. Does your ADC recognize your license file and show the correct License Type and Model?

1. shell

2. cd /var/nslog

1. shell

2. cd /var/nslog

3. nsconmsg -K newnslog -g allnic_err_rl_rate_pkt_drops -d past -s disptime=1 | more

If your throughput exceeds your licensed bandwidth, you should also see dropped packets. This could be an indicator for a slow GUI. Try to find out what causes this high throughput and/or upgrade your license.

Before changing the NIC Type, I recommend you to open a support case. Citrix will find out the root cause of your problem.

Best regards,

Jens

Its licensed so...

4 hours ago, Jens Dellner said:

1. shell

2. cd /var/nslog

1. shell

2. cd /var/nslog

Best regards,

Jens

This also happens in the vcenter console so it's not a bandwidth issue. 

Also, opening a support case that will take weeks for this to be replied when this can be answered in a forum...