Welcome to our new Citrix community!

AutomaticPowerOnForAssignedDuringPeak = false on 2203 CU1

Scott Bowling

Question

Due to the low temperatures across the US, I was asked to power off non-essential VDIs in order to conserve energy on Friday

What I noticed is that the assigned persistent VDIs powered back up when the peak window was reached. The Delivery groups is set to:
AutomaticPowerOnForAssignedDuringPeak = false

AutomaticPowerOnForAssigned = true

We did not see the same behavior on the 7.15 environment. Has any one heard of a bug? I didn't see a fix in the notes for CU2..

2 answers to this question

I've been spending quite a bit of time lately looking at Power Management, been struggling to find the right mix of settings. In doing so I did notice that the 2 settings you noted were not behaving as expected (I couldn't get PEAK/OFF-PEAK to do different things). To accomplish what I was after I ended up setting BOTH to the same value (in some cases both TRUE, in others both FALSE). That combined with what I set in Studio / PowerShell I was able to accomplish what I was after.

I never needed to go this deep before with Power Management. I'm still trying to figure out whether there is a bug, it was me, or whether the combination of settings were somehow 'colliding' with each other.