Welcome to our new Citrix community!

EULA not working with HTML on 13.1 Build 33.52.

Michael Covitz

I'm having an issue with the EULA page no longer supporting HTML format on Citrix Gateway with 13.1 build 33.52.  Instead of formatting as HTML, it just shows the HTML tags....

This worked fine on our 12.1 appliances but is not working on 13.1 even though it should still be supported.  I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this or has a potential solution.

Have you tried reconfiguring the EULA on 13.1 as a new instance setup instead of the one from the upgrade?  And is the rest of your portal them custom or a default theme?

IT may be an issue specific to 13.1 or it may be an issue with reading the file due to changes from 12.1 to 13.1.

One other thing is to try upgrading from 12.1 to 13.0 and then 13.0 to 13.1. 

On 11/17/2022 at 4:19 PM, Rhonda Rowland1709152125 said:

Have you tried reconfiguring the EULA on 13.1 as a new instance setup instead of the one from the upgrade?  And is the rest of your portal them custom or a default theme?

IT may be an issue specific to 13.1 or it may be an issue with reading the file due to changes from 12.1 to 13.1.

One other thing is to try upgrading from 12.1 to 13.0 and then 13.0 to 13.1. 

Rhonda, 

Thanks for the response.  We deployed new virtual appliances for the move to 13.1 instead of upgrading.   The issue occurs on all the standard themes with no customization.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

We had the same issue and I opened a Citrix Case. This was the final response:

"I have reproduced this issue in my lab and debugged the related JavaScript.
It seems HTML tabs are purposely stripped from the EULA text to prevent XSS attacks..

I also found a previous engineering case which was closed with "working as designed" status. 
So, the feature to add html tags to the EULA text was removed for security reasons."

Did any of you find a workaround for this?

• 3 months later...
On 7/26/2023 at 7:07 PM, Jovi Tomac said:

We had the same issue and I opened a Citrix Case. This was the final response:

"I have reproduced this issue in my lab and debugged the related JavaScript.
It seems HTML tabs are purposely stripped from the EULA text to prevent XSS attacks..

I also found a previous engineering case which was closed with "working as designed" status. 
So, the feature to add html tags to the EULA text was removed for security reasons."

Did any of you find a workaround for this?

The reason is correct. And an enhancement (`\n`) has been released to support multi-lines EULA. I published a KB article: https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX583240/netscalergateway-eula-unable-to-add-new-lines-via-br