Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Some characters are not working consistently through Workspace app

Laszlo Kupi

Question

Hello,

I am having problems with some Option+number key combinations when I am accessing my Windows office computer from my Mac through Citrix Workspace. 

I have problems with number keys 2, 4, 7, and 8. Every other key is working as expected. When I hold down the Option key and keep pressing these numbers, I get the following results:

Option + Key 2: 22@@2@@22@2@22@222222@2

Option + Key 4: 44444$4$444$$$4$$4$$444$

Option + Key 7: <|||<|||<|<|||<<<<|<<|<|<||<||<<|||<<<

Option + Key 8: 88[[8[[[[[[88[[[[[[8[8[[8[[[[[88[8[8

Keyboard setup on Windows computer: Swedish

Keyboard setup on Mac: Swedish

Mac specs: MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 16GB, Ventura 13.0

Citrix Workspace Build: V22.11.0.12 (2211), native to Apple Silicon

When I installed Workspace, my keyboard was all jumbled up and I had to set the language to Swedish through Terminal, but once that was done everything else returned to normal, except these 4 keys that are working inconsistently, albeit producing the correct characters at least. 

My keyboard setting are as per the screen shot below:

image.thumb.png.40e2184d4221a7ceb42a2befa70c9f02.png

Does anybody know if I can do something to fix this? Or if I can file a bug report somehow? I couldn't find any other option other than posting here.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Laszlo

6 answers to this question

Hello Laszlo,

Hope you are doing well.

We are trying to reproduce this issue with the mentioned CWA for Mac V22.11.0.12 (2211) in MacOS 13, but unfortunately not reproduced. So we would like to collect more information:

1. Which Swedish input source is used? As there are 3 keyboard layout supported in Swedish: Swedish, Swedish Legacy, Swedish Sami - PC
  2. Would you please describe below problem and operation in more details?
    Does it mean that Mac client keyboard can be modified by Terminal only? Or it means to change language keyboard from terminal in Windows VDA side? 
    On 11/11/2022 at 5:50 PM, Laszlo Kupi said:

When I installed Workspace, my keyboard was all jumbled up and I had to set the language to Swedish through Terminal

3. What is the version of Windows VDA?
    Is the Windows VDA a Windows Server or Windows 10/11?
    Are you launching a Remote application session or Remote Desktop session?

Thanks!

Regards,

Yulin

Hello Yulin,

Thanks for getting back to me.

1. I believe it is the first option you mentioned, the standard Swedish layout. The terminal command that I used to set it was the following:

cd $HOME/Library/Application\ Support/Citrix\ Receiver
     sed -e 's/KeyboardLayout=(User Profile)/KeyboardLayout=Swedish/' -i SAVE Config

2. I meant to say that the keyboard layout was incorrect/not recognized/not synced automatically with my Mac after installing Citrix Workspace. It is definitely not the VDA side layout either (which is supposed to be also Swedish). It could be standard US English. I am not sure. The letters of the alphabet were at the right place, but the symbols were not corresponding to my physical Swedish keyboard at all.

3. I am launching a "Remote Desktop Connection" when I am connecting. The computer that I am remoting is a Windows 10 workstation, see details below.

+1. The problem is happening both with the MacBook's own keyboard and with my external Logitech MX Keys Advanced keyboard the same way.
image.thumb.png.5ce773d8ad8de267e5f353cad71adc06.png

Hello Laszlo,

MacOS changed keyboard layout name for Swedish:

• Previous "Swedish" layout is changed to new name "Swedish - Legacy"
  • Recent "Swedish" layout is actually a new layout, and CWA Mac is not supported for synchronization yet

That is the reason why current Swedish layout is not synced, "Swedish - Legacy" layout is supported for synchronization, you can add this layout and sync it again.

And thanks for posting it and our team is on the case to support recent "Swedish" layout.

After set language by command, we are still not able to reproduce it. So would you please help to send a recoding and log to us following below steps, for further investigation?

1. In CWA Mac, From Preferences -> Advanced -> Logging, set "Session logging" to "Full".
    image.thumb.png.8d796709222240b9d1138c0c4ca6214c.png
  2. Reproduce it and Record it.
  3. After reproducing, go back to Preferences -> Advanced -> Logging, click "Email Log Files" button.
    Then a zipped logfile will send to your desktop. Please help to send both recording file and logfile to us.
  4. Set back "Session logging" to "Default" in case affecting the performance.

Your help would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Regards,

Yulin

4 hours ago, Yulin Wang said:

Hello Laszlo,

MacOS changed keyboard layout name for Swedish:

• Previous "Swedish" layout is changed to new name "Swedish - Legacy"
  • Recent "Swedish" layout is actually a new layout, and CWA Mac is not supported for synchronization yet

That is the reason why current Swedish layout is not synced, "Swedish - Legacy" layout is supported for synchronization, you can add this layout and sync it again.

And thanks for posting it and our team is on the case to support recent "Swedish" layout.

After set language by command, we are still not able to reproduce it. So would you please help to send a recoding and log to us following below steps, for further investigation?

1. In CWA Mac, From Preferences -> Advanced -> Logging, set "Session logging" to "Full".
    image.thumb.png.8d796709222240b9d1138c0c4ca6214c.png
  2. Reproduce it and Record it.
  3. After reproducing, go back to Preferences -> Advanced -> Logging, click "Email Log Files" button.
    Then a zipped logfile will send to your desktop. Please help to send both recording file and logfile to us.
  4. Set back "Session logging" to "Default" in case affecting the performance.

Your help would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Regards,

Yulin

Could you provide me with an email address where I can send the files?

//L