Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Modern Authentication - Roaming Profile CITRIX

Sebastien Heins

Question

Hello,

As most of you probably know Microsoft has turned off Basic Authentication for people using Exchange Online. We use Outlook 2013 in our CITRIX environment and we have therefore applied the procedure to switch from Basic Authentication to Modern Authentication.

We use CITRIX Virtual App and Desktop,  have over 30 servers (Windows Server 2019) and we use roaming profiles. When a new connection is initiated users are randomly dispatched to one of them depending on the load.

My issue is that since we use the Modern Authentication, Outlook credentials are no longer redirected. Each time they change server (After a new connection is initiated) they have to retype their password to authenticate.

image.thumb.png.06bed64b39eb77705a649660cdcd4e25.png

From Windows Credential (in Windows control panel) I can see that Basic Authentication was set to Persistence : Enterprise, but after switching to Modern Authentication (ADAL) the persistence is now set to Local Computer.

image.thumb.png.4220abe22c659106713d6fdc376f1493.png

I searched for a long time but I can't seem to find a proper answer. Does anyone know how to redirect Outlook credentials using Modern Authentication so that user don't have to retype their password everytime they are connecting to another CITRIX Server?

I already tried the GPO : Credential Roaming Settings but it doesn't seem to work.

Thank you very much!

2 answers to this question