Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Barcode scanner not compatible?

Erick Mendez

Question

Good morning, 

I am a part of the desktop support group for my company and I've been having issues with the Honeywell 1952 scanners. The scanner works fine when I don't have a remote session opened in Citrix. However, once I open a session(Ex:PuTTY) the scanner doesn't work in windows or in the remote application. If I scan a barcode, nothing gets written into notepad or into the PuTTY session itself. 

For troubleshooting, I went under the Citrix Workspace Connection Center and I found that the Honeywell CCB is listed as a Generic Device and is being used as a "Remote Session" device. If I uncheck the redirect box, the device becomes a "Local Machine" device and now when I scan a barcode, it gets written in notepad and in the PuTTY remote session. It looks like the scanner only works as a "Local Machine" device and not as a "Remote Session". 

receiversnap.thumb.JPG.bb0b192edbb50a34acafb6b14e64ee22.JPG

I plugged in a different brand scanner(Zebra branded), and this one is a "Policy Restricted" device under the connection center, it's always forced as a "Local Machine" device and it cannot be changed. Haven't got any complains about this specific scanner at all. Could this be something to do with the Honeywell scanner not being compatible with the Citrix Workspace or should I tell our system admin to make the Honeywell scanner a "Policy Restricted" device and force it as a "Local Machine" device only?. 

I found this article(https://help-docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-workspace-app/windows/display-view-desktops-in-desktop-viewer.html) and it says "USB mice and keyboards are usually policy restricted". Barcode scanners are technically considered HID keyboard devices which leads me to believe the issue is related with how the Honeywell barcode scanner is setup in our environment. 

Any help or clarification is greatly appreciated. Thanks

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet