Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix server arbitrarily unregistered

Daniel Platz

Question

Hello all,

I have a big problem.
On my Citrix environment, I have the problem that in a provisioning group, random servers can no longer report to the delivery controller or the broker service can no longer contact the VM.
This results in the VMs being listed as not registered.
Whenever this happens nothing can be done with the VMs, i.e. terminal servers. I can't even log in via the console, I have to just power off the VM and power it back on.
I use Server 2019, currently patched, and have the 1912 LTSR CU5 from Citrix in use.

In the Delivery Control event log, I find the following:

Citrix broker service could not make contact with VM 'SERVER.DOMAIN' (IP address 192.168.xxx.xxx).

Verify that the controller can connect to the VM and that firewalls on the VM allow connection attempts from the controller. For more information, see article CTX126992 in the Citrix Knowledge Base.

Error details:
Exception 'There was no endpoint listening at http://192.168.xxx.xxx/Citrix/VirtualDesktopAgent/ILaunch that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See 'InnerException' for more details, if any.' of type 'System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException'.

On one of the affected Citrix servers I find the following entry, which seems to start the fun:

Citrix desktop service is registered with the Desktop Delivery Controller again: 'NotificationManager:NotificationServiceThread: WCF error or rejection by broker (DDC: SERVER.DOMAIN)'.

FW on the server and network I can rule out.
Network is also running clean.
All systems are up2date.
sfc and chkdsk on all systems inconspicuous.

Unfortunately I am at my wit's end and wanted to ask if you have any ideas what this could be?

Best wishes
Sebastian

1 answer to this question