Welcome to our new Citrix community!

GSLB with * as the port on the vserver

William Olmstead

I am trying to setup a GSLB between two datacenters where the Virtural Servers I have port setup is * (any).  I know that GSLB is DNS based and needs a port for monitoring purposes so I setup the GSLB and chose a port that I know is accessible (port 22),  but the GSLB still shows as down still and not sure why.  Also when I setup the Vserver under GSLB and go to choose the services to bind, nothing shows up.  Is this because they are down ? 

I am on NS13.0 85.15.nc

--TIA

GSLB Services not visible when binding in the GUI is a known issue. Latest build of 13.1 fixes it. Probably latest 13.0 does too.

If no monitor bound to GSLB Service, then it uses MEP to find the VIP and check its status. It could be a mismatch between port 22 and port *. Binding a monitor might be your only choice.

3 hours ago, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

GSLB Services not visible when binding in the GUI is a known issue. Latest build of 13.1 fixes it. Probably latest 13.0 does too.

If no monitor bound to GSLB Service, then it uses MEP to find the VIP and check its status. It could be a mismatch between port 22 and port *. Binding a monitor might be your only choice.

Thank you for this.  I am going to do some testing today with the 2 that I have created to see if it goes to the correct vserver (it is setup as active/passive in GSLB)

17 hours ago, William Olmstead said:

GSLB between two datacenters where the Virtural Servers I have port setup is * (any). 

So the thing is, if you vserver is ANY:*, then if you want the ADC to identify this GSLB service as corresponding to that particular lb vserver entity, you would need to create the GSLB Service as ANY:*.  You would then rely on MEP or a specific monitor, but your monitors are then limited to monitor types ANY can use.

If the gslb service being down in GUI is a bug, then confirm with status at cli.

If you had specific lb vservers (or other entities) on specific VIP:Port details, then your GSLB service would correspond to one of them as a port-based service and its up/down state would reflect the up/down state of that lb vserver.  If you wanted it to go up/down based on other vips on that port, then custom monitoring to override mep.