Welcome to our new Citrix community!

AAA Session time-out

Hello,

I am planning to switch a VPN setup from classic authentication policies to nFactor.

I just saw today that under AAA - Application Traffic > Change Global Settings there is a Session time-out which is by default 30min.

I was wondering if this AAA Session timer-out need to match the VPN Session time-out which is currently set on 180 min.

Thank you,

Simion

The AAA session policy *shouldn't* apply.

VPN vserver authentication is handed off to the AAA vserver for the advanced engine-based authe policies.  But authorization and session settings are still managed by the gateway's session policies and/or the authorization policies.

AAA session policies should only affect lb/cs vservers integrated with AAA vservers without gateway.

Also any policy bound to vpn vserver/aaa user/aaa group, will take precedence over a global parameter (even if both were to apply at same time).

Can't say there wouldn't be a bug causing an unexpected result; but you can usually ignore the AAA parameter and the AAA session policy when doing gateway + AAA configurations and rely instead on the vpn global parameters and the gateway session policies instead. (I would also test to make sure; but the gateway connections are affected by the gateway session policies.)

Edited by Rhonda Rowland
added note.
  • Like 1