Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix workspace not passing credentials to hosted app

Paul Andrade

Question

Hey guys,

I have a question, we have sort of a unique setup (maybe?) that we are trying to test. We have an EMR vendor that has its own Citrix env but it's not accessible from outside. We have an RDS environment that we use to connect to internally to then open a browser session to the vendor's Citrix environment to then open the Citrix app. 

So RDS->IE (hosted internally in our servers)->Vendor Citrix Storefront-> ica App. 

This way it works fine, credentials pass through to the app no issues. 

We are trying to use Citrix cloud to basically do the same but skip RDS so:

Citrix Cloud-> IE (Hosted internally in our servers)->Vendor Citrix Storefront->ica App.

Then issue with this setup is that when you try to open the ica application, the credentials aren't passing through (even though the credentials in IE are working fine, you can see your username) so a popup displays from the windows server asking to authenticate before the app opens. 

If I log in to the server that is hosting IE in our side, the app launches fine. Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance!

1 answer to this question

On 10/6/2022 at 7:37 PM, Paul Andrade said:

Hey guys,

I have a question, we have sort of a unique setup (maybe?) that we are trying to test. We have an EMR vendor that has its own Citrix env but it's not accessible from outside. We have an RDS environment that we use to connect to internally to then open a browser session to the vendor's Citrix environment to then open the Citrix app. 

So RDS->IE (hosted internally in our servers)->Vendor Citrix Storefront-> ica App. 

This way it works fine, credentials pass through to the app no issues. 

We are trying to use Citrix cloud to basically do the same but skip RDS so:

Citrix Cloud-> IE (Hosted internally in our servers)->Vendor Citrix Storefront->ica App.

Then issue with this setup is that when you try to open the ica application, the credentials aren't passing through (even though the credentials in IE are working fine, you can see your username) so a popup displays from the windows server asking to authenticate before the app opens. 

If I log in to the server that is hosting IE in our side, the app launches fine. Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance!

Citrix Cloud-> IE (Hosted internally in our servers)->Vendor Citrix Storefront->ica App

have you tried other apps that doesnt require you to authenticate?