Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Memory Usage High SDX

I am getting an SDX alarm on a pair of our SDX appliances (15030-50G).  This SDX has 9 VPXs setup, with one of them having around 1200 Virtual Servers.  Memory and CPU usage in the SDX for these 9 instances don't show high by any means, nothing over 30% utilized.  Under the SDX dashboard it shows 49/128GB used, so 79GB free

My question is why am I getting a High memory usage in my SDX but I don't see it in any of the dashboards.  I do see the "Management Service Statistics" memory at  around 85%.  Is this the high memory usage that it is alarming on?  Is this anything to worry about? 

Also the one instance that has ~1200 Vservers is somewhat slow when working in the gui.  Is there a way to speed up the gui or is it just due to the amount of Vservers on it and really nothing to worry about.  Is there a tuning doc avaliable for Citrix VPXs ?

TIA,

Keith

We are having this issue on an 8015 with only a couple VPXs. Our Management Service memory usage is over 90%. I haven't been able to find any CLI commands for the SDX to verify this, much less troubleshoot.

On 10/5/2022 at 2:40 PM, William Olmstead said:

I am getting an SDX alarm on a pair of our SDX appliances (15030-50G).  This SDX has 9 VPXs setup, with one of them having around 1200 Virtual Servers.  Memory and CPU usage in the SDX for these 9 instances don't show high by any means, nothing over 30% utilized.  Under the SDX dashboard it shows 49/128GB used, so 79GB free

My question is why am I getting a High memory usage in my SDX but I don't see it in any of the dashboards.  I do see the "Management Service Statistics" memory at  around 85%.  Is this the high memory usage that it is alarming on?  Is this anything to worry about? 

Also the one instance that has ~1200 Vservers is somewhat slow when working in the gui.  Is there a way to speed up the gui or is it just due to the amount of Vservers on it and really nothing to worry about.  Is there a tuning doc avaliable for Citrix VPXs ?

TIA,

Keith