Welcome to our new Citrix community!

How to use method to planning to migrate profile of Windows 10 to Windows 11 or (Windows 2012 to Windows 2019) without the need to create new profiles and settings.

poomz

Question

Hello,

I have a question, if we are using UPM for VDI's Windows 10. How do I set it up to work with Windows 11 without having to create a new profile and not having profile crashes.  

Since we have a lot of applications and printers tied to a profiles that works with Windows 10, but if we need to use it with Windows 11 in the future, how can we migrate it without profile crashes?

Our environment that we currently use a separate OS profile setup method to prevent profile crashes. But we are planning to use it on newer versions of Windows without the need to create new profiles and settings.

Anyone have a guide on how to set it up? To provide support for this approach?

3 answers to this question

12 hours ago, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

If your UPM path has !OS_NAME!, then enable Automatic migration of existing application profiles. https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/profile-management/current-release/configure/automatic-migration-of-existing-app-profiles.html

Yes. I have use UPM by setting to !OS_NAME!  but not yet tested to enable Automatic migration of existing application profiles.  Thank for your information. I will test it, soon.

13 hours ago, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

If your UPM path has !OS_NAME!, then enable Automatic migration of existing application profiles. https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/profile-management/current-release/configure/automatic-migration-of-existing-app-profiles.html

We are suspecting  that it will cover the purpose? If existing customers use Windows 10, then if this policy is set Will it support Windows 11 or not without any new settings such as outlook or printer setting.

( In case if it's old profile of old Windows 7 that I cannot use this method to migrate to Windows 10, right? )