Welcome to our new Citrix community!

How to handle customer managed key(Disk Encryption) for MCS built machines in Azure

Suman Kumar Saurabh

Question

How to handle customer managed key(Disk Encryption) for MCS built machines in Azure ?

Environment: Citrix 1912 CU5. 

Resource location : Azure

I want to build 2500 Citrix VDIs using MCS but the problem is when i will provide customer managed key for the disk encryption it will copy the same key for 2500 machines.

What is the best way to handle it. I consider if all 2500 will have same key and unfortunately something happens with the key it will impact all 2500 machines. If I split in small chunks this will increase no of catalog to manage. Has Someone faced similar complexity and what was the solution ?

1 answer to this question

On 9/26/2022 at 9:56 PM, Suman Kumar Saurabh said:

How to handle customer managed key(Disk Encryption) for MCS built machines in Azure ?

Environment: Citrix 1912 CU5. 

Resource location : Azure

I want to build 2500 Citrix VDIs using MCS but the problem is when i will provide customer managed key for the disk encryption it will copy the same key for 2500 machines.

What is the best way to handle it. I consider if all 2500 will have same key and unfortunately something happens with the key it will impact all 2500 machines. If I split in small chunks this will increase no of catalog to manage. Has Someone faced similar complexity and what was the solution ?

Can someone answer to my question ?