Welcome to our new Citrix community!

New Desktop Session instead of reconnection existing Session

Baumgartner AG

Question

Dear Community

I saw this Problem a few times now with newer VDAs on Server 2019 for several Users. Today this also happened to my user again.  

When trying to reconnect to a disconnected or existing session, Citrix logs on a new session for me on the same Server.  For my Desktop we only have one server standalone without PVS, since it's only used for two users. I can see the second session still being disconnected on the same server in Task Manager. Someone know why that is happening from time to time?

VDA Version is 2206, but this also happened with 2203 and I think with one version before 2203.

Unfortunately the forum won't let me upload a screenshot, but I think the problem should be clear enough. 

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

10 answers to this question

Hi Baumgartner AG,

we also have the same issue since Version 2109.

Actually we are using VDA 2206 with Server 2019 and Server 2016 OS with FSLogix Profilmanagement with PVS.

The Session is still visible in the TaskManager, in Citrix Studio the Session is lost, until an new Session is connected.

Is there any workaround or Hotfix for this issue?

Thanks a Lot!

On 9/19/2022 at 1:40 PM, IT Support1709151179 said:

Hi Baumgartner AG,

we also have the same issue since Version 2109.

Actually we are using VDA 2206 with Server 2019 and Server 2016 OS with FSLogix Profilmanagement with PVS.

The Session is still visible in the TaskManager, in Citrix Studio the Session is lost, until an new Session is connected.

Is there any workaround or Hotfix for this issue?

Thanks a Lot!

Hi IT Support

Thanks for sharing your experience. I remember this being an issue in earlier VDA versions after 2106... Seems like either they never fixed it or the problem came back. I will give 2203.1 a try since there was a patch released for LTSR. No workaround at the moment from my side... It happens randomly, for example when I want to reconnect my session at home, it logs on a new session. The next morning I can find my existing ssession still open on the PC in my office.

Regards, Cedy

Hi

We see the same problem here on 2203 CU1, Server 2022.

Especially moving the client to another network (new source ip) we get a new session. The old session is not seen in Citrix Studio, but in Task Manager as disconnected. User has manually disconnected and on new connect he gets a new session.

User is connecting through netscaler.

Tests directly through storefront seems to be ok

Anyone fixed it or opened a case?

Regards, Lukas

Hi,

We also have the same problem but we are using VDA version 2203 CU2 since the beginning of January with no problems only start happening after I completed windows updates on the image. Has anyone completed the windows updates as well? I am rolling back the patching to see if it makes any difference, but as I said before I did the windows updates we did not have any problems.

Regards, Carlos

Hi,

Same issue.

VDA 2203 LTSR CU2, Windows 2019 fully patched.

User gets a new session on another server.

Only one session in Director.

User do not report this, I noticed myself, few times per week.
That makes it harder to see a pattern.

What I do know people work on site, so no Netscaler.
Go home without disconnecting, login from home through Netscaler.

Could this be the trigger? Did anyone notice this pattern?

Mark

On 6/5/2023 at 2:37 PM, Thomas Rolfs said:

Can you post the case ID?

First Case Title - Reconnect not working ID #81550769

There i got a fix via Registry 

Second Case Title - Citrix Policies not applied #81590009

the case was closed because I could not answer for 2 weeks due to illness. 

Third Case Same Title then Second Case - #81644385

I traced events and CDF on Client an Server with and Without the Fix from first Case. 

Uploaded it as the traces of the case with fix alle traces in one zip file. 

Theylooked some days later in the archive and could not find the rights logs. 

I deleted the source files.

actually i find no time and silence to trace again and i deleted the mcs Snapshot without fix of the first case.