Welcome to our new Citrix community!

After upgrading to build-13.1-24.38, our userbase no longer has any options i.e. Desktop

Craig Addison

Which version did you upgrade from to 13.1.24.38?  If going from 13.1 to another version of 13.1 it might be a bug. If going from 12.1 to 13.1 there may be a bug or it may be related to chagnes in portal themes between builds.

Which portal theme are you using and have you cleared cache on ADC if integrated caching is in use.

If custom portal theme, try to revert to a default theme or toggle between X1 and RFWebUI to see if there is a difference.

Or clear cache on client browser as well.

I don't know if build specific bug or not.

12 hours ago, Rhonda Rowland1709152125 said:

Which version did you upgrade from to 13.1.24.38?  If going from 13.1 to another version of 13.1 it might be a bug. If going from 12.1 to 13.1 there may be a bug or it may be related to chagnes in portal themes between builds.

Which portal theme are you using and have you cleared cache on ADC if integrated caching is in use.

If custom portal theme, try to revert to a default theme or toggle between X1 and RFWebUI to see if there is a difference.

Hi Rhona,

I don't recall which version that I was on previously, is there a way that I can check in the logs?

I am not sure which portal that I am using, how do I check? How do I clear the cashe?

How do I check the theme?

Thank you.

12 hours ago, Rhonda Rowland1709152125 said:

Do you know if I can rollback from 13.1.24.38 to 13.1.12.51 successfully without any issues?

Rollback is fine, but you may need to re-apply the previous config or backup if any legacy settings were deprecated.  

Any commands a new build introduces that an older build doesn't support are "forgotten" after downgrade. Any old commands that are deprecated when moving to a new build are also forgotten and lost during the upgrade. So downgrading sometimes requires restoring prior configs.  With gateway this can include the ns.conf and the files of the portal theme. Which is why sometimes understanding the build you were on and the build you moved to can help determine if there was a known impact or not.

The previous saved config is in /nsconfig/ as one of the the .0 - .4 ns.conf files newest is 0 oldest is 4; current file is .0

If you made a system backup prior to upgrade, then your backups can be managed under System > Backup and Restore. 

This is useful to restore the previous portal page if things were affected during upgrade. If you didn't make a full backup, then you can try the downgrade but settings not in the ns.conf file may have been affected.  usually, not a problem for builds like this, but without understanding the error its hard to say.  

If you don't have any of the backups, when you downgrade, you may have some settings that have to be manually restored.

You may want to check with support first, if you are not familiar with the processes.

--------

5 hours ago, Craig Addison said:

I don't recall which version that I was on previously, is there a way that I can check in the logs?

I am not sure which portal that I am using, how do I check? How do I clear the cashe?

How do I check the theme?

If you don't know your prior version, you should be able to look in /var/nsinstall to see if you have a previous build present or in /flash/ to see if a previous build is listed as an extracted Kernel.  

In your gateway vpn vserver properties look at portal theme and see if you are using a built-in theme:  default, X1, RFWebUI or a custom theme made from one of those.  In 13.1, you often need to be using RFWebUI, but when upgrading from custom themes from older versions to new builds, they sometimes ahve to be re-created. So if you see a certain theme is in use after upgrade but with issues, changing to X1 or RFWebUI (built-in) may "work" where the original theme didn't.  If you had a custom theme prior to upgrade and it doesn't work post upgrade, return to a built-in, and then create new custom theme. If none of the themes work that may be a build issue and therefore may require downgrades or support to fix.

Cache:  Under System: Check to see if integrated caching is or isn't enabled. If not; nothing you need to do besides clearing cache in local browser. If caching is enabled on ADC, go to Optimizations > Integrated Caching. And there you should be able to "view cached objects" and within there flush cache.  DON'T ENABLE FEATURE if not in use.