Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Keep "screen" alive when disconnecting from VDI

Andreas Koch1709163466

Question

Please excuse me if my question is not in the right place or does not make sense at all, as a mere user I´m missing the technical background of our companies Citrix installation...

I use a Citrix VDI mainly for automating tasks. For some time I use ImageSearch within AutoIt to accomplish RPA-like features. Everything works fine as long as I´m logged in to the VDI and it´s running in a window, but as soon as I disconnect, images aren´t recognized any more. Using time-shifted screenshots I can confirm that the VDI shows the lockscreen first and shortly after only "displays" a grey background with only the mouse pointer still visible.

As far as I know, colleagues of mine use a VDI to automate UIPath-jobs that work well, even when not connected to the VDI.

As I couldn´t get any answer from our technical department, could anyone give me a hint whether this is behaviour by design, if it can be configured somehow (by me or the technical department) or if there are any other solutions for this problem? I even thought about running a VDI within a VDI, so i can disonnect from the hosting VDI without it disconnecting from the VDI it is hosting (and that runs the image recognition jobs).

I would be very grateful for any advice on how to solve this problem.

Kind regards

Andreas

1 answer to this question