Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Does Citrix Workspace support Apple M2 natively without

Jeffrey Chudy

Question

Does Citrix Workspace support Apple M2 natively without Rosetta? I just received the new Macbook Air M2 and trying to install but getting a message that Rosetta is required.

According to this, Citrix Workspace supports Apple M1 "without Rosetta".

https://www.citrix.com/downloads/workspace-app/betas-and-tech-previews/workspace-app-tp-for-mac-native-support-for-silicon-mac-beta.html

Citrix Workspace app for macOS now natively supports Macs with Apple silicon (M1 chip) by way of a universal architecture. With the universal architecture, the Workspace app runs natively on both Apple silicon and Intel-based Mac computers without Rosetta emulation. The technical preview build runs natively on Macs with Apple silicon and it must be installed and tested on Macs using M1 chips.

However, when I try to install Citrix Workspace, it says "you need to install Rosetta" (See pic below). This seems to contradict the article above. It says it can run "without" Rosetta but the installation needs Rosetta. I've read in other forums that running using Rosetta drains the battery and reduces performance significantly.

548890267_PNGimage.thumb.jpeg.cb3ab8e916bb19228268db6a92e6533c.jpeg

3 answers to this question

Hi there:

Even if the application is ARM(Apple silicon) or universal (Intel x86 and Apple silicon), the installer may be x86 (Intel). Thus, the installer is prompting to install Rosetta. This is not uncommon and really Rosetta a performance is incredibly fast....