Welcome to our new Citrix community!

update catalog failed

martijn kreuning

Question

hello,

i have 2 catalogus, and when i am uploading one it goes well, but at the other i get the error below, the strange thing is that i have uploaded the catalog several times whitout any problem.

Task Information:
Start Date: maandag 18 juli 2022
Start Time: 13:19
Finish Date: maandag 18 juli 2022
Finish Time: 17:04
State: Failed
Master image: XDHyp:\HostingUnits\AzureCitrixResources\image.folder\jgp-rg-ctx-vda-01.resourcegroup\jgpvmimg18sa01.storageaccount\jgpvmimg18-a91c486312e946cfa4b0c09d2907b23c.container\jgpvmimg18-osdisk-20220627-070010.vhd.vhd

Terminating Error:
Preparation of the Master VM Image failed. Make sure the selected image has a supported OS (for example, Windows 7) and the correct version of the VDA (7.0 or later) installed.
Stack Trace:
   at Citrix.Console.PowerShellSdk.ProvisioningSchemeService.BackgroundTasks.ProvisioningSchemeTask.CheckForTerminatingError(SdkProvisioningSchemeAction sdkProvisioningSchemeAction)
   at Citrix.Console.PowerShellSdk.ProvisioningSchemeService.BackgroundTasks.ProvisioningSchemeTask.WaitForProvisioningSchemeActionCompletion(Guid taskId, Action`1 actionResultsObtained)
   at Citrix.Console.PowerShellSdk.ProvisioningSchemeService.BackgroundTasks.PublishProvisioningSchemeImageTask.RunTask()
   at Citrix.Console.PowerShellSdk.BackgroundTaskService.BackgroundTask.Task.Run()

DesktopStudio_ErrorId : ProvisioningTaskError
ErrorCategory : NotSpecified
ErrorID : ImagePreparationFinalizationFailedCompletely
TaskErrorInformation : Terminated
InternalErrorMessage : Image Preparation timed out, image preparation failed.

I've had this before at another catalog, the solution then what i did is to delete the catalog and build another, but I want to prevent this from doing it again.

anyone has a solution?

thx

1 answer to this question