Welcome to our new Citrix community!

"Host to client redirection" + "Disable Internet Explorer 11 as a standalone browser"

Question

Hi all,

a customer of mine has activated "Host to client redirection" via Citrix GPO on Windows Server 2016 + CVAD 1912 LTSR CU5 VDA and using the redirection for a published application opening (and redirecting) a URL/website.

This works flawless until he activates the "Internet Explorer" Setting "Disable Internet Explorer 11 as a standalone browser" via GPO. As he has installed Edge Chromium, then this browser will be started in the Citrix session, instead of redirecting the website to the client. If he disables the "Disable Internet Explorer 11 as a standalone browser" GPO, redirection works again.

I do experience the same behavior in my personal lab environment. I've installed the VDA from scratch from the ISO, installed latest Windows updates, not other software beside Citrix VDA 1912 LTSR CU5.

There are no other settings set, only via GPO the DDCs , "Host to client redirection" and "Disable Internet Explorer 11 as a standalone browser"

To my knowledge the redirection will start "C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\system32\iexplore.exe", when "Host to client redirection" is enabled. Maybe this in conjunction with the "Disable Internet Explorer 11 as a standalone browser" setting will prevent the "Host to client redirection" to work?

Host2Client Redirection

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/1912-ltsr/general-content-redirection/host-to-client-redirection.html

Disable IE GPO

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/edge-ie-disable-ie11

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet