Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Upgrade Citrix ADC

HI All,

Just want to asking. If we upgrade the Citrix ADC firmware, do I need to upgrade other component such Citrix Workspace Apps? Please advise on this as I plan to upgrade the ADC firmware from version 13.0 to version 13.1 and since this the 1st time I want to proceed the update firmware, I really need an advise on this. Thanks

Zulhadi

On 7/15/2022 at 10:38 PM, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

No. The only client component might be Citrix Gateway VPN Plug-in. Workspace app won't care.

If you're switching to nFactor auth, then that might affect Workspace app depending on your authentication providers.

Hi Carl,

Thank for your response.... Currently in my environment, it has Endpoint Detection policy and for the authentication, it has 2 factor authentication which is via AD & Citrix token (SSO). I don't very sure if this 2 can effected after upgrade the ADC firmware. 

On 7/15/2022 at 10:36 PM, Gunther De Poortere said:

Hello Zulhadi,

There's no need to upgrade non-ADC components such as Citrix Workspace. The only exception I can think of here would be the EPA/VPN client stuff, which the user would be prompted to install automatically when necessary.

Cheers,

G.

Hi G.

Thank for your response. EPA plugin if we have corporate device detection policy enable right?