Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Static VDI - User disconnected immediately after login?

Kevin Laird1709163502

Question

Hi all, wondering if anyone has come across this problem before:

As soon as particular user logs into their VDI, they are almost immediately getting disconnected.

In the Event Viewer the following can be seen with about 4 seconds between the connection request and suspend.

The Citrix TDICA Transport Driver is waiting for connections on port 1494.

The Citrix TDICA Transport Driver is waiting for connections on port 2598.

The Citrix TDICA Transport Driver has received a connect request from 10.xx.xx.xx: xx

The Citrix TDICA Transport Driver connection from 10.xx.xx.xx: xx has been suspended (session reliability triggered).

The Citrix TDICA Transport Driver connection from 10.xx.xx.xx: xx has been closed.

The Citrix TDICA Transport Driver connection from 10.xx.xx.xx: xx has been resumed (session reliability reconnected within timeout).

The Citrix TDICA Transport Driver connection from 10.xx.xx.xx: xx has been closed.

The Citrix TDICA Transport Driver is no longer waiting for connections on port 1494.

The Citrix TDICA Transport Driver is no longer waiting for connections on port 2598.

The Citrix TDICA Transport Driver is no longer waiting for connections on port 1494.

The Citrix TDICA Transport Driver is no longer waiting for connections on port 2598.

- I have been able to connect myself with no issues.

- User has tried a different endpoint machine with same result.

- Don't see any unusual things installed like a conflicting anti-virus etc

- I had a look at the following article, however there is no AppSetup key to remove any duplicates from:

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX236306/ica-desktop-and-application-sessions-disconnect-immediately-after-successful-launch

- I had a look at the following article, however the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit key is showing exactly as it should be:

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX218580/published-app-or-desktop-launches-but-immediately-disconnects-the-session-disappears-from-client-machine-and-it-shows-disconnected-on-vda-and-in-citrix-studio

It's not a roaming profile so might need to just blitz the local copy but would rather do it as a last resort so user doesn't need to set all their apps up again.

5 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Sandra Burke said:

Hi Kevin,

What version is the VDA?

Are there any group policy processing errors in the event log around the time the user tries to log in? 

Hi Sandra,

The VDA version was 1912.0.4000.4227

I didn't see anything in the other sections of the event viewer that looked relevant.

I went ahead and recreated the local profile however this had no effect either, so a replacement machine was provisioned due to time constraints on further troubleshooting and this one is working successfully.

Rgds,

Kevin

I am seeing the same thing on multiple catalogs of MCS machines.  The users are all connecting from Wyse thin clients (which use the Linux Workspace app), which I thought might be the issue but I have updated them to new firmware (inc Workspace for Linux 2203) and the problem remains.   My catalogs are running 2203 CU1 as VDA, which I think I will roll back to a versino of 1912 as a test.   It started a couple of months ago, but troubleshooting is complex due to the intermittent nature of the issue and also the fact that my network team implemented Cisco ISE around the same sort of time.

Anyone else seeing this?