Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Green & Pink square/rectangle boxes randomly appear in Citrix on t530 thin clients after upgrading to ThinPro 7.2

Jason Farr1709162800

Question

Hi everyone, I upgraded all our t530 thin clients to ThinPro 7.2 this month and after the upgrade a few users report issue with green square/rectangle randomly appear in Citrix mostly when they open a new application.

The boxes will go away if user refreshes Chrome and other applications that it appears on. The boxes can appear as either pink or green randomly.

I have attached some photos of what the issue looks like.

I have upgraded the affected users to CWA 22.03 for ThinPro 7 but that didn't fix the issue. Has anyone had similar issues?

MicrosoftTeams-image (5).png

MicrosoftTeams-image (6).jpg

MicrosoftTeams-image (7).jpg

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, mattijs vanhaverbeke said:

We have the same issue on Citrix 2203 LTSR with HP Thinpro thin clients.

No issues with the windows workspace app or on ubuntu desktop (but this was just a quick test).

Previous version was 1912 LTSR and we had no issues.

I was able to solve this issue with the following policy:

image.png.996ee1c792e31c3ed217c7e209f3d10f.png

I assigned the policy then to all clients with the client name 'HP*'.

I got this idea from https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-workspace-app-for-linux/whats-new.html#known-issues

Onder "Known issues in 2205"

image.thumb.png.ffe85d0e7086a64acf2852da115b985f.png

Thanks for posting up that workaround.  I had noticed similar on a bunch of Wyse terminals we have, after upgrading both terminal and VDA I was getting some screen tearing and odd coloured patches etc.

I will trial that policy setting and see how it goes.

On 7/14/2022 at 3:56 PM, mattijs vanhaverbeke said:

I was able to solve this issue with the following policy:

image.png.996ee1c792e31c3ed217c7e209f3d10f.png

I assigned the policy then to all clients with the client name 'HP*'.

I got this idea from https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-workspace-app-for-linux/whats-new.html#known-issues

Onder "Known issues in 2205"

image.thumb.png.ffe85d0e7086a64acf2852da115b985f.png

Hi,

we have the same issue after an upgrade to 2206 on HP t640 devices with IGEL OS 11.06.250.01. We tried the mentioned policy but that does not solve the problem. We will try an uodate to IGEL OS 11.08.xxx as next step.

Anymore ideas so far?

kind regards

I am in the process of rolling out the latest Wyse ThinOS (version 2208) which come with CWA for Linux version 2207.  I have only done limited testing of this issue (the upgrade was done to try and resolve another issue) but I didn't see any graphics corruption with the newer CWA installed.   So trying newer firmware on your terminals is definitely worth a shot.

Has anyone solved this yet? We are on IGEL 11.08.100 and CVAD 2203 CU2. We are seeing these (mostly green) rectangle boxes/bars randomly appear in sessions. Also, windows media player redirection stopped working after upgrading to 2203 and crashes the Citrix session...

Neither of these issues are present on Windows client devices.