Welcome to our new Citrix community!

macOS: Screen resolution in windows is different from session to session

Denis Volchkov

Question

I use Citrix on macOS and on the average working day I usually get one-two switching between screen resolutions on the host side when I'm reconnecting to the VM.

For example, in the beginning, it can be 3456x2243 (native MacBook resolution), after a few reconnects it can become 1728x1117 (looks like some scaled resolution), then after a few more reconnects it can go back to 3456.

These changes have some effects on me, for example, I need to adjust scaling in Windows, etc.

But the main question here is which screen resolution is correct and which is wrong? Personally, I prefer full resolution (3456), because it allows seeing a picture with good quality, otherwise the Windows UI is a bit blurred. But anyway, I'd like to understand how should it work by design.

res3456.png

res1728.png

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021), chip Apple M1 Pro
Display: Liquid Retina XDR Display (3456x2234)
OS Version: macOS Monterey 12.4
Citrix Workspace version: 22.04.0.44

2 answers to this question

Would like to know if 1728x1117 is the window mode or the full-screen mode for the session view window?
I guess you get the 3456x2243 on the full-screen mode, and 1728x1117 on the window mode, it is the expected behavior.
In windows mode, we will set the session view window szie as the monitor resulution to the VDA.

image.png