Welcome to our new Citrix community!

macOS: Impossible to scroll on an external monitor

Denis Volchkov

Question

I have MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) and an external Full HD monitor.

When I'm entering FullScreen mode, I'm getting extremely strange and disappointing behaviour:

When I'm scrolling UI on my FullHD monitor, actually scrolling is happening on the built-in macOS monitor (see the attached video).

It turns out, that it's impossible to use a second monitor because scrolling is not working there.

The only idea is that it can be somehow related to different DPI.

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021), chip Apple M1 Pro
Built-in display: Liquid Retina XDR Display (3456x2234)
External monitor: AOC 21.5 (1920x1080)
OS Version: macOS Monterey 12.4
Citrix Workspace version: 22.04.0.44 (the same issue is relevant for the preview version for the Apple Silicon chip).

2 answers to this question

It looks like one workaround can help: I tried to set the external monitor as a default one in the macOS settings, and the built-in display as the additional one. After this change, it more or less works for me for now. Anyway, this workaround doesn't seem clear and stable, so we definitely need to get some solution from Citrix, I believe.

Same issue for me as soon as I upgraded to Monterey 12.4, mouse wheel will not scroll in Citrix RemotePC when the Citrix Viewer window is on an external monitor. Mouse wheel works fine on the local Macbook and also when the Citrix Viewer window is moved to the local Macbook display. Workspace version is 22.04.0.44 (2204)