Jump to content
Welcome to our new Citrix community!
  • 1

MacBook Pro macOS Monterey 12.4 Scaling Issue in Full Screen


Christopher Lim

Question

macOS Monterey 12.4

MacBook Pro 16 inch, 2021 (M1)

Citrix version: 2203, 2201

 

I downgraded to 2203 due to the 2204 issue listed here, and over the weekend upgraded to macOS Monterey 12.4. Today I am experiencing the following issue:

 

When I launch the Citrix Viewer and put the window into full screen, the scaling on my Remote Desktop resizes and everything is gigantic. This did not happen as of last week, which leads me to believe it is some sort of interaction with Citrix and the latest version of macOS 12.4. When I have it in windowed mode, the desktop scaling on my remote computer looks fine.

 

The display resolution on my MacBook is set to 'scaled', with 'more space' selected. Changing the mabook resolution to 'Default for Display' has no effect on the scaling issue in the Citrix Viewer in full screen.

 

I tried to downgrade to 2201, but it has the same issue.

Any suggestions on how to fix?

Link to comment

14 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Same issue, reinstalling Citrix Workspace App  works for 1 run.

 

Client: MacOS Monterey 12.4

Citrix Workspace App 2204

 

EDIT: Tried with Citrix Workspace App 2112, seems working for 3 reboots. Not sure about tomorrow, but for now it works.

Link to comment
  • 0

Here in the Netherlands on a Macbook Pro M1 Max chip after logging in with Citrix Workspace very small mini letters in the picture. What is striking is that the screen resolution is bizarrely high. Tried to login on iPad: everything works fine. Tried old version of workspace: problem persists. Only workable solution now is: re-download, install Citrix workspace and reboot my MacBook Pro. Citrix workspace. You have to do this every time you want to log in. Hope there will be an update soon because there is an annoying bug now

Link to comment
  • 0
3 hours ago, twccitrix said:

Same issue, reinstalling Citrix Workspace App  works for 1 run.

 

Client: MacOS Monterey 12.4

Citrix Workspace App 2204

 

EDIT: Tried with Citrix Workspace App 2112, seems working for 3 reboots. Not sure about tomorrow, but for now it works.

 

I tried 2112, and confirmed this is working properly for me as well.

Link to comment
  • 0

Disabling HighDPI with the following terminal command seems to fix the issue for me.

defaults write com.citrix.receiver.nomas EnableHighDPI -bool NO

Not sure why it started to be a problem though, the version of Citrix Viewer I have should not even support HighDPI as far as I understand.

 

Link to comment
  • 0
3 hours ago, bsolar17 said:

Disabling HighDPI with the following terminal command seems to fix the issue for me.

defaults write com.citrix.receiver.nomas EnableHighDPI -bool NO

Not sure why it started to be a problem though, the version of Citrix Viewer I have should not even support HighDPI as far as I understand.

 

Same issue with the resolution being set higher then then native screen resolution resulting in a very tiny desktop. This command does appear to have resolved the issue temporarily as Citrix backs out this change. 

Link to comment
  • 0
5 hours ago, bsolar17 said:

Disabling HighDPI with the following terminal command seems to fix the issue for me.

defaults write com.citrix.receiver.nomas EnableHighDPI -bool NO

Not sure why it started to be a problem though, the version of Citrix Viewer I have should not even support HighDPI as far as I understand.

 

I tried this as well using 2203, seems to work for me.

Link to comment
  • 0
18 hours ago, Bob Terlingen said:

Here in the Netherlands on a Macbook Pro M1 Max chip after logging in with Citrix Workspace very small mini letters in the picture. What is striking is that the screen resolution is bizarrely high. Tried to login on iPad: everything works fine. Tried old version of workspace: problem persists. Only workable solution now is: re-download, install Citrix workspace and reboot my MacBook Pro. Citrix workspace. You have to do this every time you want to log in. Hope there will be an update soon because there is an annoying bug now

Over here in the USA we have over 200 Macs using Citrix Workspace.  The same problem as above - applications in very small font when attached to virtual PC.  The ones that are on 2204 are suddenly having the same problem as the above. No issues reported last week.  It's not just M1 macs, but Intel based ones as well.  Not all of these Macs are on 12.4 either.. some are on 11, one is on 10.15.7.  The ones on 10.13.6 and 10.14.6 are not affected as they are on Citrix version 2008.   We are trying to roll back to older versions and are having some success.  We have gone back as far as 2111 with some good results.

Link to comment
  • 0
3 hours ago, Wayne Campbell said:

Over here in the USA we have over 200 Macs using Citrix Workspace.  The same problem as above - applications in very small font when attached to virtual PC.  The ones that are on 2204 are suddenly having the same problem as the above. No issues reported last week.  It's not just M1 macs, but Intel based ones as well.  Not all of these Macs are on 12.4 either.. some are on 11, one is on 10.15.7.  The ones on 10.13.6 and 10.14.6 are not affected as they are on Citrix version 2008.   We are trying to roll back to older versions and are having some success.  We have gone back as far as 2111 with some good results.

Last night I installed the Citrix Workspace App for macOS (Apple silicon) - Universal Architecture and applied the previously recommended terminal command defaults write com.citrix.receiver.nomas EnableHighDPI -bool NO Everything works as it should again.

Link to comment
  • 0
On 5/31/2022 at 8:56 PM, bsolar17 said:

Disabling HighDPI with the following terminal command seems to fix the issue for me.

defaults write com.citrix.receiver.nomas EnableHighDPI -bool NO

Not sure why it started to be a problem though, the version of Citrix Viewer I have should not even support HighDPI as far as I understand.

 

Right, then this Feature is still Tech Preview, and with -bool YES you will enable it.

We have also several users complaining since monday. 

Link to comment
  • 0
9 minutes ago, Yves Hofmann said:

Right, then this Feature is still Tech Preview, and with -bool YES you will enable it.

We have also several users complaining since monday. 

 

On my system EnableHighDPI was not set and that was causing problems still: I had to actively set it to NO to resolve the issue.

Link to comment
  • 0
4 hours ago, bsolar17 said:

 

On my system EnableHighDPI was not set and that was causing problems still: I had to actively set it to NO to resolve the issue.

 

True, just checked the "com.citrix.receiver.nomas" with XCode. After i hit the comand to terminal, the entry with EnableHighDPI is showing up.

 

Our problem is that these devices are all BYOD, and not Company managed. So it is hard to call to the very Enduser and telling them what they should do ?

Hope Citrix will find a solution for this. I guess the fix would be if they would set the key"EnableHighDPI" with value 0.

 

 

Greenshot 2022-06-02 20.45.23.png

Link to comment
  • 0

Validate whether the version 22_03 resolves the issue because it is the one mentioned to be the version with fix: Citrix Workspace app 2203.1 for Mac - Citrix https://www.citrix.com/downloads/workspace-app/legacy-receiver-for-mac/workspace-app-for-mac-latest-2203.html

 

Validate whether the following version exhibits the behavior: Citrix Workspace app 2201 for Mac - Citrix

https://www.citrix.com/downloads/workspace-app/legacy-receiver-for-mac/workspace-app-for-mac-2201.html

 

Validate whether this version also exhibits the behavior: Citrix Workspace App for macOS - Native support for Apple Silicon - Tech Preview - Citrix

https://www.citrix.com/downloads/workspace-app/betas-and-tech-previews/workspace-app-tp-for-mac.html

 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...