Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Storefront 2203 LTSR Workspace App is not detected

Hi all,

I just finished a new CVAD 2203 LTSR deployment with Storefront 2203 and the browser (Edge, Chrome, Firefox) does not recognize the installed Workspace App (1912 LTSR / 2203 LTSR / CR). The browser pop up for receiver links is opening. After allowing it to open receiver links with launcher i get stuck on the detect workspace app page until clicking on "Already installed". Unfortunately the ICA File will be downloaded instead of opened in the receiver launcher. Did there change something since 1912 LTSR release I am not aware of?

Thanks

Jan

• 2 months later...

Totally forgot about this thread. But I am not sure why it is working now. ?

Users connect through Gateway only and Storefront is loadbalanced at the ADC with SSL offload (HTTPS Storefront LB vServer with HTTP Storefront SVC). After adding SSL certificate at Storefront Servers and binding it to IIS site the detection is working.

23 hours ago, Jan Mischo1709162918 said:

Totally forgot about this thread. But I am not sure why it is working now. ?

Users connect through Gateway only and Storefront is loadbalanced at the ADC with SSL offload (HTTPS Storefront LB vServer with HTTP Storefront SVC). After adding SSL certificate at Storefront Servers and binding it to IIS site the detection is working.

We use F5 to load-balance storefront. I've already got SSL Cert on storefronts and bound to website.
Still trying to dig into this and figure it out.

Where can I find detailed workflow for the whole  "detect receiver" process and how it works. Part of the symptom is that Receiver/CWA has been detected, you're prompted to save the .ica file and then double click on it. It doesn't just auto-launch.

• 4 months later...

We are having same issue.  Using NetScaler 13.1.x.  Trying to troubleshoot.

Update: 

It appears to have been a corrupt SSL Cipher Group linked to the storefront load balancing VIP on the NetScaler.  For real... LOL   No idea how that would materialize into the detect thing not working but remaking the cipher group from scratch seems to resolve the issue.

I didn't believe that could be possible, but i can change the cipher group back and forth and it consistently breaks it, even though each cipher group has the same ciphers in the same order (In the GUI at least).

Kevin

There is a known issue in 2203 without CU1:

Citrix Application Delivery Controller (ADC) delegated user authentication or application enumeration might fail after upgrading StoreFront to version 2203. The issue occurs when TLS1.0 is disabled on the ADC or on a Secure XML Traffic configured Delivery Controller before the StoreFront upgrade. For more information, see https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX457757. [CVADHELP-19774]

(https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/storefront/current-release/known-issues.html)

It is fixed by a hotfix (https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX457757/hotfix-receiver-storefront-3231-for-citrix-virtual-apps-and-desktops-2203-english) or with CU1 for 2203:

Citrix Application Delivery Controller (ADC) delegated user authentication or application enumeration might fail after upgrading StoreFront to version 2203. The issue occurs when TLS1.0 is disabled on ADC or on Secure XML Traffic configured Delivery Controller before the Storefront upgrade. [CVADHELP-19774]

(https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/storefront/current-release/whats-new/cumulative-update-1/fixed-issues.html)

HTH

Jan

Hi Jan,

We are using the CU1 version of 2203 so I am am not sure what is going on.  It does seem related even though the description isn't super clear in the CTX article.  Our applications enumerate fine if you click the "already installed" link on the detect screen.  However, SSO fails if you have to do that.  

We are only using a handful of TLS1.2 ciphers.  One was not ECDHE so I removed that for now just to be on the safe side as it didn't seem like the cipher was needed for our environment.

Anyway,  seems like something in 2203 is messy with the ciphers and using web browsers to get at storefront apps and desktops.