Welcome to our new Citrix community!

BSOD During Citrix Workspace Upgrade

Richard Fullford

Question

Hi,

I was offered an upgrade to Citrix Workspace today. I ran the upgrade on my up to date Win11 system after exiting all other applications. During the upgrade I got a BSOD STOP_REGISTRY error. The error certainly suggests that it was a fault in the installer and not just coincidence. I am using the Windows app NOT the Microsoft Store app (because I need HDX client).

After the system restarted I attempted to log in to work but got an error when it tried to connect. What I have attempted so far:

• Downloading the Windows installer (.exe) ver 2204.1 and running it - fails attempting to uninstall previous versions.
  • Uninstalling Citrix Workspace from Control Panel -> Programs and Features - fails attempting to uninstall previous versions.
  • Running the installer manually using the forceinstall switch - fails attempting to uninstall previous versions.

You can see the theme here. Looks like I have a corrupted install that is proving hard to shift. Does anyone have any suggestions? I think I will have to manually delete the installation but any instructions for that I can find seem too old and often refer to Citrix receiver.

Richard

1 answer to this question

Hi,

RESOLVED!

Found hints in other discussions.

Fixed by downloading the Citrix Receiver Cleanup Utility from https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX137494 and running it. That cleaned out the failed installation and I was then able to install Citrix Workspace.

A bit of further detail:

• Original Workspace Version: 22.2.0.4525
  • Version that I attempted to upgrade to but caused (maybe) the BSOD: 22.4.1.62
  • Version installed after the cleanup (same): 22.4.1.62

Hope someone finds this useful.

Richard