Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Only redirect system hard drive in Virtual Apps and Desktop 1912 LTSR CU5

Sven Duhme

Question

Hi,

first of all, why there is'nt any category here for Virtual Apps and Desktop 1912 LTSR CU5 or something similar?

Coming to my question:

is it possible to just redirect the local hard drive C of the local Client but all other network shares not?

We are running Virtual Apps and Desktops 1912 LTSR with CU5 and using the Maching Creation Service.

So basically on my local client where i establish the connection via citrix workspace client -  i have my local hard drive c and multiple network shares with other drive letters - but i only want to redirect the local hard drive C to the citrix worker vm.

Greetings!

1 answer to this question

You can use Citrix policies for this.   You will need to set a policy to allow local drive redirection, and then further rules within the policy to allow local fixed drives, but to not allow client network drives.

I have uploaded a screenshot of a policy we use.   In the screenshot it shows that client fixed drives, network drives, and removable drives are all allowed - you will need to set these differently in your policy, but the principle is the same.

drive rules.JPG