Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Failed to join Citrix Controller NO.2 to first controller How to check and solve it?

Artimus Aunos

Question

Hello,

I have installed Citrix version 7.2203 LTSR  for my environment. 

I cannot join Controller No.2 to first controller and found quick error to display

" There was an error communicating with the Delivery Controller. Check that the Delivery Controller is ON and its DNS records are correct and any firewalls are configured to allow communication. Note. the Citrix Configuration Service runs on the delivery Controller."

I have tested to install about 5-6 times but failed.

I have checked. 

1. Citrix Configuration Service running both Controller.

2.  Local Firewall closed

3. Anti Virus uninstalled.

4. nslookup and ping FQDN. I found both Controller and telnet 80 between controller. it's ok

5. After install Controller NO.1 and created site that I have installed VDA and test to connect with Controller No.1 . it's ok to connect successfully but I don't know why cannot

join Controller No.2 to controller No.1

Not idea other to check.

Have Anyone help to advise me how to verify and solve this issue?  I don't sure how to verify more detail to solve this issue. 

Best Regards,

Have anyone 

1.jpg

1 answer to this question

On 4/12/2022 at 1:23 AM, Artimus Aunos said:

Hello,

I have installed Citrix version 7.2203 LTSR  for my environment. 

I cannot join Controller No.2 to first controller and found quick error to display

" There was an error communicating with the Delivery Controller. Check that the Delivery Controller is ON and its DNS records are correct and any firewalls are configured to allow communication. Note. the Citrix Configuration Service runs on the delivery Controller."

I have tested to install about 5-6 times but failed.

I have checked. 

1. Citrix Configuration Service running both Controller.

2.  Local Firewall closed

3. Anti Virus uninstalled.

4. nslookup and ping FQDN. I found both Controller and telnet 80 between controller. it's ok

5. After install Controller NO.1 and created site that I have installed VDA and test to connect with Controller No.1 . it's ok to connect successfully but I don't know why cannot

join Controller No.2 to controller No.1

Not idea other to check.

Have Anyone help to advise me how to verify and solve this issue?  I don't sure how to verify more detail to solve this issue. 

Best Regards,

Have anyone 

1.jpg

Hello,

Were you able to find a solution for this issue?